Type 2 Diabetes- One of the Side Effects of Being Overweight
In this article we will mention about:
- The Definition of Type 2 Diabetes
- The Symptoms of It
- How is It Diagnosed?
- Food, Diet, Having a Healthier Lifestyle habits and Being More Active
- Coordinated Check-ups
- Health related problems and effects of untreated type 2 diabetes.
- The best ways to get support and find help
The Definition of Type 2 Diabetes:
When the blood sugar level in your blood increases, type 2 diabetes emerges. The symptoms are being exhausted, sleepy, going to pee very often and needing to drink water a lot. Type 2 diabetes is a long term health problem that can influence your daily life badly. To prevent the effects of untreated type 2 diabetes on the body, you will probably take medication, need a healthier diet and coordinated check ups.
How is Type 2 Diabetes Diagnosed?
Doctors generally diagnose type 2 diabetes while making urine and blood tests for other diseases especially as side effects of being overweight. But people who experience type 2 diabetes symptoms must see a general practitioner immediately. To realize the symptoms of type 2 diabetes, GPs make blood and urine tests first. These test results end up in a day or 2. If your GP diagnose type 2 diabetes, your GP will tell you:
- the definition of diabetes
- what medication you will be taking
- how to have a healthier lifestyle like not drinking alcohol. If you smoke, how to quit smoking.
- If your blood sugar is more than normal, your GP will tell you the effects of untreated type 2 diabetes on the body.
In one appointment, it may be difficult for you to keep everything in your mind and tell your family. For this reason, you should write down the questions that come into your mind to ask them later. You can take these questions with you when you go to the next appointment. You can also read more information on our website.
What is Waiting For You After Your Type 2 Diagnosis?
- Your GP prescribes you medication. You will get used to these medicines in time. To find the suitable dose may take time.
- You will go to coordinated check-ups.
- Free type 2 diabetes courses may also help you to learn living with diabetes.
- Because of the effects of untreated type 2 diabetes on the body, you will definitely change your eating and drinking habits. In addition to your healthier diet, you will need to exercise more to be healthier.
- Unfortunately, you will also check other side effects of being overweight.