Knee Replacement Surgery Prices in Switzerland
Finding the best prices for knee replacement surgery is important. Although many countries offer highly successful treatments, they charge you to pay a fortune for treatment. For this reason, you can find out where you can find the best prices for knee replacement surgeries by reading our content.
What is Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee Replacement Surgery include treatment for limited range of motion and pain that develops due to the joints and bones in the hip. Most of the time, patients cannot walk, lean, lie comfortably and climb stairs due to the problem in the knee joint. In short, they are in such a difficult situation that they cannot meet their personal needs alone. This requires patients to receive treatment for it. Knee replacements surgery also involve removing the problematic joint and bone and replacing it with a prosthesis.
Thus, if the patients have a successful operation, they will do the necessary exercises after the operation and solve their problems. However, for this, patients should receive treatment by successful and experienced surgeons. Otherwise, many risks are likely to occur. On the other hand, getting these meticulous treatments can often be very costly. This causes patients to seek different countries for treatment. By reading our content, you can find successful countries in Knee Replacement surgery.
What Causes Knee Pain?
- Osteoarthritis (Calcification): It is a health problem that is seen with joint degeneration and develops in the form of joint destruction, especially in elderly individuals, together with pain and inflammation.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: A chronic autoimmune inflammatory disease that can cause joint deformation and bone loss, causing painful swelling that affects different joints of the body, including the knees.
- Bursitis: Inflammation that occurs as a result of repetitive joint injuries or overuse of the knee joint.
- Gout: It is a kind of disease that causes uric acid accumulation in tissues and accordingly pain.
- Tendinitis: It causes pain felt in the front of the knee and intensified during activities such as walking on a hill, climbing stairs, and climbing.
- Baker’s cysts: These are cysts that cause pain by the accumulation of synovial fluid behind the knee, which lubricates the joints and provides mobility.
- Knee cap dislocations: Knee cap dislocations, which usually occur after an accident or trauma, can cause knee pain.
- Tear of ligaments: Knee pain may occur with the tearing of any of the four ligaments in the knee after strain or trauma to the joints. The most frequently torn knee ligaments are the anterior cruciate ligaments.
- Bone tumors: Osteosarcoma, the second most common type of bone cancer, usually affects the knee joints and causes chronic pain in this area.
- Cartilage damages: Disorders of the cartilage in the knee joint, which has a softer and more sensitive structure than the bone, can cause pain in the knee.
- Bone fractures: Knee pain due to bone fractures can be seen, especially in pain after trauma.
- Excess weight: Since every weight gained above the ideal weight creates a load on the knees, the probability of damage to the knee joints increases significantly in overweight people. Knee pain and joint diseases are common due to pressure and strain caused by weight.
Do I Need a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Knee Replacements surgery are serious surgeries. Therefore, not every knee problem or knee pain results in prosthetic treatment. Instead, the patient must have severe damage to the knee and the Damage must be untreatable;
- If you have severe pain in your knee joint
- If you have swelling in your knee joint
- If you have Stiffness in your knee joint
- If you have reduced mobility
- If you can’t sleep or wake up at night because of your knee pain
- If you can’t do your routine work alone
- If you you feel depressed due to pain and lack of movement
Knee Replacement Surgery Risks
Knee Replacement surgeries are extremely important surgeries. It is important for patients to receive successful treatments and not to experience the following risks for a short and painless recovery period. Therefore, by examining the risks below, you can understand why it is so important to receive treatment from a successful surgeon.
- knee stiffness
- infection of the wound
- infection of the joint replacement
- unexpected bleeding into the knee joint
- ligament, artery, or nerve damage in the area around the knee joint
- deep vein thrombosis
- persistent pain in the knee
- a break in the bone around the knee replacement surgery during or after surgery
Preparation for Knee Replacement Surgery
First of all, you must prepare a recovery environment for knee replacement surgery. For this, before the operation, take all your needs from the high cabinets and low drawers and put them in a place where you can get them without difficulty. Thus, after the operation, you can easily take all your belongings without difficulty. On the other hand, move your seats so that you can stand up with support after the surgery.
Thus, you can stand up with support from the seats. Do not put your seats against the wall. On the other hand, be put with a relative who can be with you during your recovery process. After the surgery, 1 week is very important. During this process, your movement will be very limited and you will not be able to meet many of your basic needs such as preparing food and toileting on your own. At the same time, if you have a pet or child at home, you should make sure that their toys are not around. In the first days when you stand up, you are likely to trip over them and fall.
How is Knee Replacement Surgery Performed?
First, a vein will be opened in your arm or on the back of your hand. This place is necessary for you to take the medicines you need during the surgery. You will then be taken to the operating room and given anesthesia. This happens with white anesthetic mixed into a certain air for you to breathe, or given intravenously. When you sleep, the surgery will begin. Your surgeon will first sterilize your kneecap and then draw a line with a felt-tip pen. It cuts off the front of your knee to expose your knee above the line. This is then moved to the side so the surgeon can reach the knee joint behind it.
The damaged ends of your thighbone and shinbone are cut off. The tips are precisely measured and shaped to fit the denture replacement. Then, a prosthesis is placed on your knee to see if there is a prosthesis suitable for your knee. If necessary, adjustments are made, the bone ends are cleaned and finally the prosthesis is attached.
The end of your thighbone is replaced with a curved piece of metal, and the end of your shinbone is replaced with a flat metal plate. These are fixed using special bone ‘cement’ or machined to encourage your bone to fuse with the spare parts. A plastic spacer is inserted between the metal parts. This acts as cartilage and reduces friction as your joint moves.
The wound is closed with stitches or clips and dressing is done. The process is thus terminated
Recovery process after Knee Procedure
If you do the above-mentioned preparations, your healing process will be easier. Identifying your needs and facilitating your access to them will prevent you from having difficulties during the recovery period. Although your recovery will have started soon after the surgery, most of the time when you first go home, the responsibility will be yours. For this reason, you should have detailed information about the recovery process after the treatment. The most important thing is the exercises you need to do during the healing process. These exercises will speed up your recovery process.
Exercises After Knee Procedure
For 1. week
Breathing exercise: Take a deep breath in through the nose and hold your breath for 2-3 seconds. Then exhale through your mouth. You can do this exercise at intervals throughout the day by taking deep breaths 10-12 times in total.
Exercise for blood circulation: Move your ankles in circles back and forth and in both directions. Try to repeat each move at least 20 times. This move will help increase blood flow in your legs.
Stretching exercise: You can sit or lie down with your leg straight. Pull your toes toward you by pushing your knee toward the bed and try to stretch your thigh muscles. After counting to 10, you can release your knee. Repeat this move 10 times.
Straight leg raise exercise: You can sit or lie down with your leg straight. As in the previous exercise, stretch your thigh muscles and then raise your leg about 5 cm off the bed. Count to 10 and lower your leg. Repeat the movement 10 times.
Static Hamstring Exercise: You can sit or lie down with your leg straight. Squeezing the muscles in the back of your thigh, pull your heel toward the bed and count to 10. Try to repeat the movement 10 times.
Hip exercise: Contract your glutes and count to 10. Then relax your muscles. Repeat this move 10 times.
Knee curl exercise: One of the exercises that should be done after knee replacement surgery is exercises that will provide knee flexibility. For this move, you can sit or lie flat with your back supported. Bend your knee towards you, then slowly lower it. If you find it difficult to do the exercise, you can use an auxiliary item such as a tray to help your feet slide more easily. Repeat this move 10 times.
For 2. Weeks
Sitting knee curl exercise: Try to bend your operated leg as much as possible while sitting. Extend your other leg in front of your operated leg and press down slightly and try to bend your operated leg a little more. After waiting 2-3 seconds, bring your knee back to the normal position. Repeat the movement 10 times.
Knee curl exercise with support: Sit on a chair and try to bend your knee as much as possible. If there is someone you can help, ask for support by placing their foot directly in front of you, or put your chair in front of the wall for support from the wall. Slightly slide yourself forward in the chair. This will allow your knee to bend more. Repeat the movement 10 times. this exercise
Knee stretching exercise: Sit on a chair and extend your operated leg on a stool or chair. Gently press your knee down with your hand. You can do this slowly for 15-20 seconds or until you feel a strain on your knee. Repeat the movement 3 times.
For 3. Weeks
Stair climbing exercise: first place your operated leg on the lower step. Get support from the railing, put your other foot on the step, trying to lightly shift your weight to your operated leg. Lower your good foot back to the ground. Repeat this move 10 times.
Stair climbing exercise: Stand on the bottom rung, facing down the stairs. Try to lower your strong leg to the ground with support from the railing and lift it back up again. You can repeat the movement 10 times.
Knee Replacement Surgery in Switzerland
Switzerland is a highly developed country in the field of health. In addition to its health infrastructure, it is also technologically advanced. This is also important for serious surgeries. Of course, knee replacement surgeries are also extremely important and can be performed quite successfully in Switzerland. However, there are some negative aspects unfortunately. For example, although Switzerland can provide highly successful treatments, the costs of treatments are extremely high. This requires patients to pay almost a fortune to receive treatment.
This prevents every patient from getting a knee replacement surgery. Therefore, it would be more advantageous to receive treatment in countries as successful as Switzerland but more affordable. What about which country or countries? First of all, there are some necessary criteria for this. It should not be forgotten that no matter how important the price is, its success is just as important. However, of course, getting successful treatment at a more affordable price will be more advantageous than getting a higher price. In short, you should seek treatment in affordable countries with a high surgical success rate.
Knee Replacement Surgery Price in Switzerland
Prices vary widely across Switzerland. Given the cost of living, treatment in Switzerland would be extremely costly. In addition, many prices do not include needs such as hospitalization. When you calculate all this, you will see that you have to pay a fortune. The best price you can find for knee replacement surgery in Switzerland is €30,000. Pretty much isn’t it? For this reason, you can plan treatment in a more affordable country by examining the countries listed below.
Success Rate of Knee Replacement Surgery in Switzerland
According to research on knee replacement surgery in Switzerland, the success rate in 2019 is between 90-95%. While this is a pretty good result, it is important to know that this success rate is not difficult to achieve in other countries. In short, there are other countries that offer successful treatments, as in Orthopedics and many other fields. The proportion of other countries that provide treatment at world health standards will be close to this. Therefore, you need to look at prices rather than rates. Among the countries close to Switzerland, you can examine which country would be more advantageous for you to be treated.
Other Successful Countries in Knee Replacement Surgery
- Germany:Germany’s healthcare system is at least as successful as Switzerland. It is a country that provides treatment at world health standards. However, there are some things you need to know to plan treatment in Germany. For example, while successful treatments are possible, Germany’s healthcare system is built on equality and fairness. For this reason, there are no extremely comfortable and luxurious hospitals. The coverage of your health insurance is also not important. If you want to be treated in Germany, you will first have to wait a long time to be examined, and then you will have to wait a long time before you have surgery. In short, it is not possible to have emergency knee replacement surgery in Germany. It is possible to have surgery after waiting for a long time. In short, if you need to compare with Switzerland, getting treatment in Germany will not provide any advantage. Otherwise, it may even be disadvantageous due to even longer waiting times.
- The Netherlands:Looking at the Dutch healthcare system, it has a highly developed infrastructure. Successful knee replacement surgery makes it possible to reap the benefits. However, just like in Germany, there is a long waiting period. The minimum time for waiting periods is 4 weeks. In other words, it is possible to have the earliest surgery performed 1 month after the examination. Also, there is not enough price difference to be worth the trip. Being treated in Switzerland and being treated in the Netherlands will be almost the same.
- France:Research conducted in 2000 found that France provides the “best overall health care” in the world. In the second place is Germany. However, just like in other countries, there are waiting times to receive treatment in France. These periods are long as in other countries. On the other hand, there is no significant advantage for patients to travel from Switzerland to France. It is possible to get treatments as successful as Switzerland at almost the same prices.
- Turkey: Turkey is one of the most successful countries in Orthopedic Treatments. How Does? Just like in the other countries listed above, highly successful healthcare systems, combined with advanced medical technologies, provide highly successful treatments. At the same time, the most important feature that makes it different from other countries is the absence of waiting times. In Turkey, patients can be examined whenever they want and be treated in the next days. Thus, patients receive treatment without waiting. On the other hand, their Prices are Extremely Affordable. For detailed information about knee replacement surgeries in Turkey, you can continue to read our content.
Successful Knee Replacement Surgery in Turkey
Turkey is a highly developed country in the field of health. For this reason, in many countries of the world, patients come to Turkey to receive successful treatments. One of the leading ones among these treatments is the treatments in the field of orthopedics. In addition to the success of Turkey’s healthcare infrastructure, its medical technology also affects the success of successful knee replacement surgeries.
To give an example, in this country, which provides treatment with robotic surgery, which is not yet used in many countries, the risk of complications during treatment is minimized. This greatly affects the healing process of the error. At the same time, the fact that it makes it possible to receive affordable treatments enables citizens from all countries to come to Turkey.
You, too, can choose Turkey to receive successful treatments at world health standards. These surgeries, which have little or no life risk, are extremely important in terms of movement limitation of the patients. Therefore, it is imperative that you receive successful treatments. Otherwise, your mobility will not change and it will be a painful process.
Why is Knee Replacement Surgery is Cheap in Turkey?
First of all, there are several reasons why treatments are cheap in Turkey. The first reason is the low cost of living. In short, it is cheaper to live in Turkey compared to many countries. Basic needs such as accommodation, transportation, nutrition and health can be met by everyone. On the other hand, Turkey’s exchange rate is extremely high. This ensures that foreign patients have an extremely high purchasing confidence.
Thus, patients can receive treatment at very affordable prices. At the same time, you can contact us as Curebooking, whether you want to get treatment at good prices in Turkey. Thus, you can be treated with Turkey’s best price guarantee. On the other hand, instead of spending thousands of extra euros for your other non-treatment needs, you can avoid paying for your many other needs such as accommodation, transportation, hospitalization by choosing Curebooking package services.
Knee Replacement Surgery Price in Turkey
There are several situations that affect knee replacement surgery prices in Turkey. However, it is possible to get affordable treatments. If you do some research to find the best prices, you’ll find that overall prices are pretty good compared to most countries. However, as Curebooking, we provide treatment with the best price guarantee. Our prices for knee replacement surgery start from € 3,900. Pretty good price isn’t it? You can contact us to get the information.