Dental bridges are treatments applied to treat missing teeth. It is necessary for these treatments to be successful. Otherwise, some disadvantages may occur. This causes patients to research about getting successful treatments. Having detailed information about dental bridges will enable the patient to make the right decision for himself. By reading our content, you can have a lot of information about dental bridges. So you can learn about which bridge you need and the process of the bridges.
What is Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges are a dental procedure for the treatment of missing teeth. Teeth can sometimes be damaged or completely lost. Such situations may cause difficulties for the patient, both psychologically and physically. Losses in the posterior teeth may cause difficulty in eating, while losses in the anterior teeth may cause difficulty in placing. In such cases, the patient needs a new tooth.
On the other hand, the cavities located in the front of the patients make it difficult for the patient to socialize as well as cause psychological problems. For this reason, dental bridges have many benefits. It includes:
For this procedure, the patient must have 2 healthy teeth on the right and left. By taking support from these teeth, a tooth that acts as a bridge is fixed in the middle of the two teeth. Implants can be supportive in patients who do not have healthy teeth.
Types of Dental Bridges
A dental bridge is a false tooth or a row of false teeth that is attached to real teeth or dental implants. They get their name from the fact that they “bridge” the distance between healthy teeth. Bridges are classified into three basic categories based on how they are attached to the surface. They are traditional, Maryland, cantilever and implant supported bridges.
Traditional Dental Bridges: It can be done if the patient’s natural teeth are intact on both the right and left sides. Bridge teeth are made by taking support from natural teeth. This type is the most used bridge type.
Cantilever Dental Bridges: Cantilever dental bridges are similar to conventional dental bridges. Strong teeth are needed to have this type of Bridge. However, for this bridge types, it is sufficient for the patient to have one healthy tooth. If there is 1 healthy natural tooth on the right or left in the area with tooth loss, the cantilever dental bridge procedure can be applied to the patient.
Maryland dental bridge: This type of dental bridge is also similar to conventional bridges. In order to perform the procedure, the patient must have 2 healthy teeth. In order to apply this process, a bridge cannot be made with a crown, metal or porcelain bonded to the back of the abutment teeth is used.
Implant supported dental bridge: Implant supported bridges use dental implants as opposed to crowns or frames. It is a procedure that is performed by placing an implant on the missing teeth, which are located on the right or left of the missing tooth, sometimes in both.
Advantages of Getting a Dental Bridge
- Bridges prices are lower than implants: A dental bridge does not need too much accuracy and is less invasive to install than a dental implant, so it is less expensive. One of the main reasons that some patients choose bridges over implants is the cost. However, you can get low cost dental implants in Turkey. Our trusted dental clinics offer you the best quality dental work and the most affordable dental implants in Turkey as well as bridges and other dental treatments for patients from all around the world. You will realize the cost of a single tooth dental implant will be 3, 4, or 5 times cheaper in Turkey than in your country. Since implant is the most expensive dental treatment, this makes dental bridges a lot cheaper.
- No necessity for bone grafting: The jaw bone that once kept a tooth in place could have eroded if it has been absent for a long time. Bone grafting is a surgical technique that involves inserting an artificial or animal bone fragment under the gums to stabilize the jaw bone. It is only used for implant placement, not for bridges.
- Dental bridges have a number of advantages over dentures: If the patient has enough good teeth intact, dentists also suggest bridges instead of dentures. Bridges should be anchored to healthier teeth rather than dentures, which may be anchored to the gums with a temporary sealant that is not as stable.
- Bridges procedure may be less than other treatments: Bridges take less time to install than implants since no bone grafting is needed. It is easier to insert a few implants to anchor the bridge than to get extra implants.
- You should keep in mind that your dentist will tell you the best dental treatment for your condition. Since everyone is different and has different problems, the treatment will also be personal.
How are Dental Bridges Made?
Disadvantages of Dental Bridges
Bridges also have some disadvantages compared to other tooth replacement options.
Traditional bridges require crowns to be placed on healthy teeth. The healthier teeth on both sides of the bridge must be cut and sealed, resulting in the loss of healthy tooth enamel. This increases the risk of irreversible damage to healthy teeth.
Maryland bridges are not strong and can damage existing teeth. Because Maryland bridges require bonding metal to the back of the teeth, they can cause irreversible damage to healthy teeth. These bridges are also less resistant to chewing stress than other types of bridges.
Cantilever Dental Bridges, Because the procedure is performed with a single healthy bridge, the bridge may not be intact. Teeth can be damaged with use over time.
Implant supported bridges have no disadvantages. It allows you to have the strongest bridges. Implants can be used for a long time. For this reason, it is a frequently preferred method.
Dental bridge vs. dental implant
- Implant-supported bridges take longer to complete and are more expensive. Since the implants must be inserted first, the procedure will take several months to complete, particularly if bone grafting is needed to strengthen the jaw bone in order to accommodate the implant. However, this is not the case in Turkey. You can go for a dental implant holiday for 1 week and get your implants at low costs in Turkey. Time and money will not be your disadvantage on any of the dental treatments anymore. Dental implants are the best teeth replacement options if you are a good candidate for them.
- Bone failure of the jaw is not corrected by bridges. The jaw bone that once retained a tooth in place continues to dissolve as it is lost or removed. Bridges have no roots and rest above the gum line, while implants have an artificial root that is screwed into the jaw bone. As a result, unlike implants, bridges do not prevent bone degradation.
- Implants’ lifetime are longer than bridges. Bridges, unlike implants, are not supposed to last a lifetime. Bridges can not often be able to stay in position indefinitely due to the disruption they do to the anchor teeth.
- We hope that this article gives you a better understanding of advantages and disadvantages of dental bridges and whether dental bridges are better than implants or not.
Is It Risky To Get A Dental Bridge In Turkey?
Dental bridges are one of the dental treatments that can be applied to anyone after the age of 18. The type of dental bridges, on the other hand, cannot be decided as a result of healthy teeth or unhealthy teeth in the patient’s mouth. For this reason, there are dental bridge types that develop depending on the age of the patient. On the other hand, dental bridges require good treatments.
For this reason, patients should receive treatments from successful doctors. In these treatments, which can be used for a long time, the experience of the doctor is very important. This explains that the treatments received in Turkey are not risky and even provide advantages. Because Turkey is a highly developed and successful location in the field of health.
What Does A Dental Bridge Cost in Turkey
Turkey is one of the first countries that many foreign patients prefer for dental treatments. Being one of the most successful countries providing quality treatments at affordable prices gives patients a great advantage.
All dental treatments in Turkey come at very reasonable prices. and saves up to 70% compared to many countries. For those who want to get a dental bridge in Turkey, Curebooking provides service with the best price guarantee 50 euros. However, do not forget that we will give better prices than all the clinics in Turkey.
**Best price guarantee. We always guarantee to give you the best price.
**You will never encounter hidden payments. (Never hidden cost)
**Free Transfers (Airport – Hotel – Airport)
**Our Packages prices including accommodation.