Why Are Dental Crowns So Expensive? – Cost of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns, also known as caps, are one of the most common dental restorations used to fix damaged or decayed teeth. Dental crowns are custom-made shells that are placed over a damaged tooth to restore its shape, size, and strength. In this article, we will delve into what dental crowns are, their purpose, and the process involved in creating them.
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that is fitted over a damaged or decayed tooth. Dental crowns are typically made of porcelain, ceramic, metal, or a combination of these materials. Dental crowns are custom-designed to match the size, shape, and color of the natural teeth, which provides a natural-looking appearance.
What Is a Dental Crown Used For?
Patients need dental crowns for many reasons, including:
- To strengthen a damaged tooth that has experienced significant decay
- To protect a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
- To restore the shape and size of a broken or worn-down tooth
- To improve the appearance of misshapen or discolored teeth
- To support a dental bridge or denture
How is a Dental Crown Made?
The process of creating a dental crown typically involves two or three appointments with the dentist. The following steps outline the process of creating a dental crown:
- Assessment: Before creating a dental crown, the dentist first assesses the damaged tooth to determine the extent of its decay and decide whether a crown is the right treatment. They may also take X-rays and impressions of the tooth to create an exact mold of the tooth and surrounding teeth.
- Preparation: The dentist will then prepare the tooth for the crown by removing decay, decayed or damaged parts, and shaping it to the desired size & shape. In some cases, the tooth may need to be built up with a filling material to support the crown.
- Impression: With the tooth prepped, the dentist will make another impression of the tooth to ensure the custom-made crown fits perfectly over the tooth.
- Crown Fabrication: The impression is then sent to a dental laboratory, where skilled technicians create the custom-made crown. The lab technicians choose materials that match the natural color of the surrounding teeth.
- Temporary Crown Placement: A temporary crown is typically placed over the tooth while the custom crown is being fabricated.
- Final Crown Placement: In the final appointment, the dentist removes the temporary crown and places the custom-made crown onto the tooth. They will make necessary adjustments to ensure a proper fit and natural bite.
Why Are Dental Crowns So Expensive?
Dental crowns are an effective and common solution for restoring damaged or decayed teeth. However, many patients are often taken aback by the high cost of dental crowns. It is understandable to wonder why dental crowns are so expensive, and this article aims to provide some insight into the factors that contribute to the high cost.
- Firstly, the cost of dental lab equipment and materials that are used to create dental crowns is high. The materials used in dental crowns, such as porcelain or ceramic, are costly, and the equipment used to fabricate them is also expensive. Dental labs also require specialized machinery and skilled technicians to create custom-made dental crowns that fit perfectly on the patient’s teeth.
- Secondly, the process of creating a dental crown can be time-consuming. Dental crowns require multiple appointments for the dentist to take impressions, fabricate the crown, and install the final product. This process may also involve the use of temporary crowns, which adds to the overall cost. Furthermore, the dentist must ensure that the crown is created with great accuracy to ensure lasting durability and function.
- Thirdly, the expertise of the dentist, coupled with their experience, also contributes to the cost of a dental crown. A skilled dentist, with years of experience, as well as excellent patient reviews, could demand a higher fee for their services.
- Finally, the location of the dental practice also plays a significant role in determining the cost of a dental crown. Dental practices in urban areas or affluent neighborhoods may charge more than those in rural areas or less affluent neighborhoods. Additionally, the cost of living in a particular area will also factor into the cost of dental services, including dental crowns.
As a result, dental crowns are a very useful solution for patients with damaged or decayed teeth. However, the high cost of dental crowns is due to a combination of factors such as high-quality materials, time-consuming manufacturing, skilled technicians and experienced dentists. But that shouldn’t make you think that dental crowns are expensive everywhere. Because there are countries where dental crown costs are cheap. Turkey is at the top of these countries. Turkey can offer much more affordable prices for all dental treatments compared to other countries. For this reason, if you want to save money without buying your dental crowns at expensive prices, you should prefer Turkey dental crowns.
Getting Dental Crowns in Turkey – Cost of Dental Crowns in Turkey
Cost of Dental Crowns in Turkey
The cost of dental crowns in Turkey is significantly lower than in many developed countries like the US, UK, and European countries. The exact cost of a dental crown procedure in Turkey will depend on various factors, such as the type of material used, the number of teeth requiring treatment, and the complexity of the procedure. On average, the cost of a dental crown in Turkey ranges from 200 to 400 euros. This cost is much lower than in many developed countries, where the average cost of a dental crown can be five to ten times more.
Advantages of Getting Dental Crowns in Turkey
There are several advantages to getting dental crowns in Turkey, including:
- Affordable Cost: The cost of dental crowns in Turkey is much lower than in many developed countries, making it a more accessible option for many patients.
- High-Quality Services: The dental clinics and hospitals in Turkey employ highly-skilled and trained dentists and use state-of-the-art equipment to provide high-quality dental care.
- Accessible Location: Turkey is located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, making it a convenient destination for patients traveling from both continents.
- Comprehensive Treatment: Many dental clinics in Turkey offer comprehensive dental treatment options, including dental implants, veneers, and more.
- Tourism and Culture: Turkey offers a fascinating blend of historical and cultural landmarks, along with a thriving tourism industry. Patients receiving dental crowns in Turkey can also enjoy exploring the country’s famous attractions.
Getting dental crowns in Turkey is a popular option for patients seeking affordable yet quality dental treatment. The cost of dental crowns in Turkey is much lower than in many developed countries, and patients can expect to receive high-quality care from trained dentists using advanced equipment. Additionally, Turkey is a beautiful country with a rich culture and fascinating attractions to explore during your stay. If you are considering getting dental crowns, Turkey is certainly worth considering as a destination.