Skin cancers require very important treatments. If treated late, it can spread to other organs. This, in turn, greatly reduces the patient’s comfort of life. By reading this article, you can find out in which countries you can get the most successful treatments. On the other hand, you can learn about the features that countries must have for successful treatments. In this way, you can choose the best country.
What Is Skin Cancer ?
Skin cancer is a type of cancer that occurs as a result of unbalanced and rapid growth of skin cells and attacking healthy cells.
There are three main types of skin cancer – basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma.
It may require differences in treatment and diagnosis according to its types. Early detection is likely to have a fairly successful recovery. If diagnosed late, it can be a very deadly cancer.
Types of Skin Cancer
Basal cell carcinoma: It starts in a cell type called basal cell that produces new cells with the death of old cells in the skin. Changes in these cells cause the formation of basal cell carcinoma.
Squamous cell carcinoma: One of the three main cell types in the upper layer of the skin, squamous cells are flat cells that are located close to the skin surface and are constantly shed as new ones form. Squamous Cell Carcinoma occurs as a result of abnormalities in these cells.
Melanoma: Melanocytes are skin cells found in the top layer of the skin. Melanins, which give skin its color, produce pigment. Abnormal changes in these cells cause melanoma formation.
What Are The Most Common Symptoms Of Skin Cancer ?
- A dark stain
- A large brownish spot
- A mole that has changed in color, size, or feeling or is bleeding
- A small lesion with irregular borders and segments that appear red, pink, white, blue, or blue-black
- A painful lesion that itches or burns
- Dark lesions on your palms
- dark lesions on the soles of your feet
- Dark lesions on your fingertips or toes
- Dark lesions on the mucous membranes lining your mouth, nose, vagina, or anus
Skin Cancer Treatment Options
Freeze. Your doctor can destroy early detected skin cancers by freezing them with liquid nitrogen. At the same time, the following can also be used in treatment;
- Excisional surgery
- Mohs surgery
- Curettage and electrodesiccation
- Radiation therapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Biological therapy
This method includes the removal of lesions such as rash, mass or mole formed on the skin, together with the surrounding healthy tissue. The procedure continues as follows;
- The area is cleaned with an antiseptic solution.
- the area is numbed.
- He then uses a sharp razor or scalpel to make an incision that covers the tumor and a few millimeters of surrounding healthy tissue.
- After the incision is made, the doctor removes the tumor with the help of a scalpel and forceps.
- Cauterization can be done to close the blood vessels.
- Finally, the wound is sutured.
To clear up skin cancers, it is sometimes desirable to damage a minimally healthy cell. In such cases, the Mohs technique is applied. The Mohs technique is an operation performed while the patient is awake. The surgeon only numbs the area to be operated on. The stages of this surgery are as follows;
- A thin layer of skin is surgically removed.
- The removed area is bandaged to prevent bleeding and infection.
- The surgeon examines the skin cancer cells under a microscope.
- A second layer of skin is removed.
- After the examination under the microscope, this process continues until the surgeon sees the cancerous cell. Thus, the patient can get rid of skin cancer cells with minimal damage.
In short, we can call it freezing abnormal tissues. It involves freezing the abnormal tissues (warts, me..) in the skin with liquid nitrogen. It is a procedure that can be applied in many regions.
Curettage and Electrodesiccation
Curettage and electrodesiccation is a skin cancer treatment used to remove basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas. It is applied to patients who are not suitable for the surgical procedure. It involves removing the lesion on the skin with the aid of a spoon-like surgical instrument. It is a more invasive method compared to other methods.
Radiation therapy In Skin Cancer
It is done using electron beam radiation. These types of radiation do not go deeper than the skin. This prevents damage to other organs and body tissues. It’s also like taking an X-ray. It takes a few minutes.
Chemotherapy In Skin Cancer
Usually, chemotherapy is used as a last resort after trying other treatment modalities. Chemotherapy can be given sometimes by intravenous injection and sometimes by pill. Thanks to the blood circulation, it can reach skin cancer cells all over the body.
It is a treatment that includes photosensitive medicine and a light source to destroy abnormal cells. It is a procedure used to treat lesions on the skin. It also has many uses. Since it is an invasive method, the patient can be established from cancerous cells without being damaged.
Biological therapy is treatment designed to stimulate or restore the body’s immune system’s ability to fight infection and disease. Thus, the patient can be treated without harming only with the use of medication. It is also sometimes used to reduce the side effects of skin cancer treatments.
Skin Cancer Treatment Side Effects
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Swelling or bruising
- Nerve damage or numbness
To Get Rid of the Side Effects of Skin Cancer Treatments
Cancer treatment can have many side effects. anemia, nausea, weight gain, weight loss, hair loss, forgetfulness. Some behavioral changes or prescription medications may be used to prevent and minimize these side effects.
You should get enough rest.
- You should sleep at night.
- Get help with daily chores of the house
- Get enough protein.
- Complete your daily calorie intake and eat healthy Carry snacks with you to eat whenever you feel like it
Taste and Odor Change
- If you have an iron taste in your mouth, marinate the Meat in wine or juice before cooking Meat dishes. You should eat more spicy food.
- Go to the dentist and get a routine cleaning.
- Use special mouthwashes
- Do light exercises daily in consultation with your doctor
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
- Drink warm water 30 minutes before the normal period of defecation.
- Keep your fiber intake high. Calculate your daily laori and fiber intake.
- Use laxatives to help empty the bowels, such as stool softeners or magnesium hydroxide.
- If you have hair loss, use sunscreen creams
- If the spill is not yet there, stay away from paint, heat exchangers or trimmers.
- Use good shampoos
- Get a wig. Your doctor can write a prescription for this. Many insurance companies cover this.
- May your pillows be covered with satin.
- In case of this side effect, the doctor should be consulted. The dose of the drug can be changed or another drug can be used. Even if there is distraction, make sure that the diet you follow at home contains iron, B vitamins and folic acid.
- Instead of eating more than three meals a day, you can eat less portioned meals more than 3 times a day.
- Be with your friends or family while you eat, if that’s not possible, watch TV.
- Get support from a dietitian
Skin Cancer 5-Year Average Survival Rate
Countries And Waiting Times For Skin Cancer Treatment
There is a waiting period in almost every country, not only for skin cancer, but for all types of cancer. The most well-known countries are the UK, Poland and Ireland. The waiting time for treatment in these countries is quite long. Therefore, patients prefer Turkey instead of waiting for the staging of the cancer. Thus, it is possible to receive treatment without waiting.
Many countries have waiting times for many reasons. Waiting times are serious enough to cause cancer to progress. For example, the waiting period in Ireland is 62 days. This is the time it takes to find out if you have cancer. It is necessary to wait at least 31 days before the treatment is planned and started. These times are variable in many countries.
Skin Cancer Treatment In Turkey
It would not be a lie if we say that Turkey is the only country among many countries that is the most successful in cancer treatments and does not have a waiting period. In each country, the waiting period is long enough to cause cancer to be staged or metastasized. This is a life-threatening factor. In Turkey, the situation is very different. Patients can start treatment without waiting.
The difficulty of reaching the specialist doctor, the high number of patients or the lack of equipment, which cause this in other countries, are out of question in Turkey. While Turkey acts as a whole with its experienced doctors and well-equipped hospitals, it can offer the best treatments to its patients. On the other hand, long waiting times are not enough for treatments and high treatment fees are demanded from the patients.
Even if patients receive successful treatments and recover, they have to work for a long time to pay off this debt. Turkey also provides an advantage in this regard. Treatment costs in Turkey are quite affordable. The patient saves almost 70%. So, instead of starting to pay off his debt after he’s recovered, he can take a vacation to celebrate.
Criteria That Should Be Included in the Country for Successful Cancer Treatments
Some criteria are needed for it to be the best country for cancer treatments.
- Equipped Hospitals
- Hygienic operating rooms or Treatment rooms
- Affordable treatment and Non-therapeutic needs
- Ease of Reaching the Expert
- Short Waiting Time
Skin cancer treatment, like any other cancer treatment, requires great care. This is possible thanks to equipped hospitals. The more quality, premium products and state-of-the-art equipment a hospital provides, the better the patient’s treatment. Hospital equipment factor provides quite an advantage in Turkey. The devices used in cancer treatment in Turkey have the latest technology. While the devices in the laboratories can best determine the type of cancer, the devices used during the treatment offer personalized treatments that provide maximum healing with the least harm to the patient. In this way, the patient can receive successful treatments.
Hygienic operating rooms or Treatment rooms
Cancer patients have a very vulnerable immune system during treatment. The smallest infection found in their body becomes very difficult to heal. Therefore, the patient should be rested and treated in a very hygienic environment. This factor is very successful in patient rooms and treatment rooms in Turkey. Many clinics and patient rooms have filters called hepa filters. Thanks to these filters, the risk of infection from the companion, nurse or doctor to the patient is minimized. On the other hand, devices are always kept sterile. The patient is treated with the greatest care. The best environments are created for the comfort and hygiene of the patient.
Affordable Treatment And Non-Therapeutic Needs
Cancer treatments are often quite expensive. They may also require more than one treatment. Too many of these treatments can put the patient in a difficult situation. However, thanks to the advantage it provides in this regard, Turkey can offer very affordable treatments. On the other hand, the patient should rest and meet his needs while waiting for the treatment sessions. Although non-therapeutic needs are met with very high costs in many countries, this is not the case in Turkey. The high exchange rate in Turkey allows patients to receive their treatment very comfortably. Thus, the patient does not have to leave a fortune on treatments.
1 Dollar, 14 TL in Turkey
1 Euro 16 TL in Turkey
Ease of Reaching the Expert
The number of specialist physicians in Turkey is extremely sufficient. Reaching a specialist is easy. The patient can share all kinds of problems with his doctor at any time. You can get 24/7 consultant support. Since there are no doctors in other countries, it is not possible to bring doctors from other countries in Turkey. Turkish doctors are people who have received many treatments in many parts of the world. This reminds us how reliable and successful patients are in their country of treatment.
Short Waiting Time
Waiting times are long enough to cause cancer to spread and be staged in many countries. This condition is serious enough to be life-threatening. Turkey also provides an advantage in this case. Besides having all kinds of equipment, there is never any waiting time. The patient can begin treatment as soon as the diagnosis of cancer is made. This gives hope to many cancer patients. Patients who do not want to wait in their own country prefer Turkey, increasing the success rate of their treatments.
What Should I Do To Get a For Skin Cancer Treatment Plan in Turkey?
It is advantageous to receive treatment in Turkey. In a cancer treatment, the possibilities that should be in the country are listed above. Turkey provides all of these opportunities. The patient can receive treatment without waiting. You can get treatments at very affordable prices. During the treatment, treatments focused on cancer cells are applied with the latest technology devices. Health cells are highly protected. This prevents the patient from feeling bad after the treatment and reduces the side effects. On the other hand, the risk of infection is kept at a minimum level thanks to the hygienic rooms.