Obesity / Weight Loss Surgery Overview
Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery’s other name is bariatric surgery. This surgery is operated for people that want to lose weight and are very overweight. These people can not lose weight with other weight loss ways. Doctors only decide to operate Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey Obesity Clinic when patients can not lose weight through making their diet healthier or doing exercise.
Obesity / Weight Loss Surgery in Our Obesity Clinic
- Patients that have BMI over 40 can improve obesity-related diseases like type 2 diabetes, some types of cancer etc.
- Patients that have tried other ways to lose weight like having a healthier diet, being more active but can not lose weight
- Patients that are ready to change their lifestyle completely after Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery
can have Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey Obesity Clinic. They can talk to one of our Obesity general practitioners. Our GP can give more certain information if the surgery is appropriate or not.
What are The Types of Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery
- One the most well-known type of Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery is the one that GPs operate with a gastric band. They place it around the stomach, so patients can not eat more than they need.
- Second well-known surgery. GPs take off some of the stomach, so patients can not eat as they could before. This surgery is called laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
- Final surgery. GPs bond the upper part of the stomach to the small intestine. Patients feel full, so they do not eat more than they need.
All patients lose substantial weight in a short while. Of course, these Obesity/Weight Loss Surgeries in Turkey Obesity Clinic have pros and cons. If you would like to know you can have one of these surgeries or not, you can talk to one of our Turkish Obesity General Practitioners.
How is Life After Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey Obesity Clinic for Patients?
Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey helps obese people to lose weight in a short while. However, the surgeries are not enough alone. Patients have to be ready to change their lifestyle completely in a better way like having a healthier diet, being more active etc.
Patients Change These After Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey
- They start a lifelong exercising plan not to gain weight again.
- They will have a healthier diet after they get better. Because patients can take nourishment with soft foods.
- They should also go check-ups regularly to see that everything is fine after their Obesity/Weight Loss Surgery in Turkey Obesity Clinic.